Share the excitement of learning by creating some of these wonderful kits! Early Learning Kits were developed to bring library resources out of the library and into the community. Their aim is to increase literacy and pre-literacy skills in our community through the use of developmentally appropriate literature, toys, and activities, as well as to aid in creating a learning environment in which children are entertained, engaged, and excited to learn.
"This project was funded, in part or whole, by the federal Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) grant, administered by the California State Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)."
Each Kit document consists of:
- a full page table of contents-to be printed and organized into a binder for both staff and patron reference
- a half page table of contents-to be printed and taped inside the lid of the storytime kit box
- a box label-to be laminated and attached outside the storytime kit box
- a list of materials with a hyperlink to vendors
- a list of suggested readings with a hyperlink to the California Preschool Learning Foundations
The book labels have been made using the Avery 5960 label template. Or, they can be printed on paper and taped.
MS Word 2010 version can be opened and edited from a desktop computer with MS Word 2010 installed. May not open properly on an iPad or tablet.
PDF version can be opened from any device with Adobe Reader installed. Can not be edited, but can be printed as is. To edit, please open from a desktop computer with MS Word 2010 installed.
"This project has been funded, in part or whole, by a grant from the California State Library and the Institute for Museum and Library Services."